The Moon’s A Balloon by David Niven
When first published in 1971, The Moon’s A Balloon delighted readers around the world with its uproarious mixture of racy reminiscences and intimate portraits of show-business legends, and it shot to number one on the bestseller list. David Niven had spent thirty years at the heart of Hollywood’s golden age, numbering Humphrey Bogart, Greta Garbo, Laurence Olivier, Vivien Leigh and Frank Sinatra amongst his friends. No-one knew the glamorous lifestyle better than he, and no-one was a better or more charming raconteur – ever ready to adapt or appropriate a story to keep others laughing. This Folio edition contains a new introduction by film critic Philip French who has first-hand knowledge of how Niven’s well-honed anecdotes became the stuff of legend both in the army and the film industry.
- Folio Society First Printing
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2009
- Blue Cloth Hardback, 328 pp
- With new photographs from the family archives which are published here for the first time, including a photograph of David Niven on active war service.
- Size 250 x 170mm, 1.2kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.