The March of History Complete 4 Volumes by Barbara W Tuchman
Tuchman favoured a literary approach to the writing of history, providing eloquent explanatory narratives rather than concentration upon discovery and publication of fresh archival sources. In the words of one biographer, Tuchman was “not a historian’s historian; she was a layperson’s historian who made the past interesting to millions of readers. Tuchman’s storytelling prowess was rewarded in 1963 when she received the Pulitzer Prize for her book The Guns of August, dealing with the behind-the-scenes political machinations which led to the eruption of World War I in the summer of 1914. This is the complete four volume collection in two slipcases as below;
The Coming of the Great War; 1995 (822)
The Guns of August, 490pp
The Proud Tower: A Portrait of the World Before the War, 1890–1914; 505pp
The Mirror of the Past; 1997 (885)
A Distant Mirror: The Calamitous Fourteenth Century; 673pp
The March of Folly: From Troy to Vietnam; 419pp
- Folio Society First Impression Nos. 822, 855
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1995
- Black Cloth Hardback with Gilt Blocking
- With colour and monochrome plates
- Size 250 x 160mm, 5.5kg
Condition: Very Good – Rubbing To Slipcases, Otherwise Unmarked Copies
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.