The Lodger Shakespeare on Silver Street by Charles Nicholl
A fascinating account of William Shakespeare's time spent living in London, as a lodger in the house of a French family, the Mountjoys. He was living with the family in 1604, at a time when he was busy with Othello, Measure for Measure & King Lear. Charles Nicholl applies a powerful biographical magnifying glass to this fascinating episode in Shakespeare’s life. Marshalling evidence from a wide variety of sources, including previously unknown documentary material on the Mountjoys, he conjures up a detailed and compelling description of the circumstances in which Shakespeare lived and worked.
- Publisher Allen Lane, London; 2007
- Ivory Cloth Hardback, 378 pp
- Contains 36 Illustrations
- Size 240 x 160mm, 990g
- ISBN 978 0 713 99890 0
Condition: Very Good – Very Good Unclipped DJ, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund