The Life of the Admiral Christopher Columbus by His Son Ferdinand
The first complete and accurate translation of this important rare contemporary work on Columbus, written in 1530’s by his son. The book was written in Spanish but originally published in translation in Italian in 1571. No ordinary – life, – the book is a moving and personal document, re-creating the action and drama of discovery. Christopher Columbus (1451-1506) was an Italian explorer, navigator, and colonizer, born in the Republic of Genoa, in what is today northwestern Italy. Under the auspices of the Catholic Monarchs of Spain, he completed four voyages across the Atlantic Ocean that led to general European awareness of the American continents. Those voyages, and his efforts to establish permanent settlements on the island of Hispaniola, initiated the Spanish colonization of the New World.
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1960
- Quarter Cream Leather Hardback with Wood Veneer Papered Boards, 271 pp
- Superbly illustrated with maps and contemporary engravings
- Size 250 x 160mm, 900g
Condition: Good – Split to Slipcase, Slight Fading To Spine, Good Condition
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund