The Life Of Benvenuto Cellini Translated by John Addington Symonds
This work is the only known autobiography of a Renaissance artist. It describes not only the artist's life at the Papal Court in Rome and at the Royal Court of France but makes very vivid historical writing, including, as it does, an eye-witness account of the Sack of Rome in 1527. Cellini also gives us details of his career as a sculptor and goldsmith who restored Etruscan sculptures in Florence, made jewellery for the Popes and beautiful trinkets and ornaments for the French Court, such as the salt-cellar for Francis I. Many of his contemporaries such as Michelangelo are described by him in an intimate manner.
- Publisher Heron Books, London; Undated c.1970
- Brown Faux Leather Hardback With Gilt Title And Decorations, 464pp
- Size 210 x 125mm, 650g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Small Crease To Back Cover, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund