The Kon-Tiki Expedition by Thor Heyerdahl
By raft across the South Seas. On April 28, 1947, Heyerdahl and five other adventurers sailed from Peru on a raft built from balsa wood, bamboo, and hemp. After three months and 4,300 nautical miles on the open sea they sighted land, the Polynesian island of Puka Puka. An expedition fraught with challenges and setbacks, with a successful outcome demonstrating the possibility that the indigenous people of South America, particularly those of Peru, could have travelled to and settled Polynesia.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 841
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1996
- Cream Canvas Hardback, 298 pp
- With photographs taken before and during the expedition.
- Size 220 x 140mm, 850g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.