The Kelmscott Chaucer
The book for which William Morris had such high hopes was The Works of Geoffrey Chaucer. Published in 1896 at Morris’s Kelmscott Press, it was immediately hailed as a masterpiece of book production the finest publication to emerge from the Arts and Crafts movement and universally acclaimed as the zenith of private press publishing. The Kelmscott Chaucer, as it has become known, represents the pinnacle of Morris’s career as a typographer and designer. The medieval style ‘Chaucer’ fount, lavish ornamental borders, decorative capitals and frames he created, combined with the stunning woodcut illustrations of Edward Burne-Jones, provide an exquisite setting for the poetic works of Geoffrey Chaucer The Canterbury Tales, Troilus and Criseyde, The Parliament of Fowls, The Book of the Duchess, The House of Fame, The Romaunt of the Rose. A handsome facsimile example of what was widely considered to be one of the finest books produced during the entire nineteenth century.
This is the Folio Society facsimile of the Kelmscott Chaucer, published in 2002 in a limited edition, and republished in 2008 as an unlimited edition.
- Folio Society Reprint No. 1117
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2008
- Gold Blocked Brown Buckram Hardback, 568 pp
- Decorations and drawings by Edward Burne-Jones and William Morris
- Size 430 x 290mm, 8kg
Condition: Near Fine – Slight Fade to Edge of Slipcase, Otherwise Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.