The Itinerary through Wales Description of Wales by Giraldus Cambrensis
The Itinerary through Wales Description of Wales by Giraldus Cambrensis ( Gerald The Welshman) Translated by R. C. Hoare Introduction by W. LLewelyn Williams. Probably the most valuable of all Giraldus s works, from the strictly historical point of view, are the Itinerary Through Wales and Description of Wales, which appear in the present volume. Both these works date from the closing years of the twelfth century, and were first printed in 1585. The text is that of Sir Richard Colt Hoare, who published an English translation, chiefly from the texts of Camden and Wharton, in 1806.
- Publisher J.M. Dent & Sons Ltd, London; 1976
- Hardback, 210 pp
- Size 188 x 118mm, 450g
- ISBN 0 460 00272 4
Condition: Very Good – Good Clipped Dust Jacket, No Inscriptions, Excellent Copy
5 GOOD REASONS TO BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust"