The Island by Francis Brett Young
Special edition commemorating author's burial at Worcester Cathedral with text of a tribute given by Professor Humphrey Humphreys. Francis Brett Young was born in 1884 at Halesowen, Worcestershire. During the Second World War Francis laboured on his long poem covering the spread of English history from prehistoric times. Entitled The Island, it was published in 1944 and regarded by Francis as his greatest achievement.
- Publisher William Heinemann, London; 1955
- Blue Cloth Hardback, 451 pp
- Size 200 x 135mm, 750g
Condition: Very Good – Previous Owners Name, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund