The House Of The Seven Gables by Nathaniel Hawthorne
The House of the Seven Gables is a Gothic novel written in 1851 by American author Nathaniel Hawthorne and published the same year by Ticknor and Fields of Boston. Hawthorne explores themes of guilt, retribution, and atonement in a New England family and colors the tale with suggestions of the supernatural and witchcraft. The setting for the book was inspired by a gabled house in Salem belonging to Hawthorne’s cousin Susanna Ingersoll and by ancestors of Hawthorne who had played a part in the Salem Witch Trials of 1692. With the original 4 page insert containing pictures, photo and a biography of Hawthorne.
- The World’s Best Reading Series
- Publisher Readers Digest, London; 1996
- Quarter Black/Green Faux Leather Hardback, 287 pp
- Superbly Illustrated by David Frampton
- Size 235 x 160mm, 950g
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.