The History of Rome In Painting by Georges Duby
All roads lead to Rome: the Eternal City, seat of the Western world’s greatest empire and of the Catholic Church. Long after its empire declined, Rome remained a living monument to artistic and imperial greatness, a city where ancient and modern flourished side by side. The world’s foremost artists have flocked there, drawn by the city’s history and mythology as much as by its piazzas, streets, ruins and monuments. A magnificent volume that tells the story of the Eternal City through its art The History of Rome in Painting shows the evolution of one of the world’s greatest cities, through nearly two millennia of its art. It opens with the mosaics and frescoes of the first century AD, and closes with Alfredo Ambrosi’s portrait of Mussolini and Picasso’s Rape of the Sabine Women. It is a magnificent book both in scope and scale: measuring 17″x 11″, with over 300 colour illustrations including four spectacular gatefolds.
- Publisher Abbeville Press, USA; 2011
- Red Cloth Hardback, 496 pp
- With over 300 colour illustrations including 4 full-page foldouts.
- Size 440 x 300mm, 7.5kg
- ISBN 978 0 7892 1103 3
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.