The History Of England From The Accession of James II by Thomas Babbington Macaulay
A magnificent sweep of turbulent history! Macaulay, member of parliament and story teller supreme, takes you excitingly from scandals and power politics of the court of James II to life in the streets and taverns. From an age wrecked by war, when the Dutch fleet plundered the English fleet and the cannon roar filled London’s streets … to a world of spies who lurked in the coffee houses and the martyr death of Charles I. History to the Death of William III.
- Folio Society First Impression Nos. 552 & 570
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1985/86
- Blue Cloth Hardback, 526, 542, 582, 661, 244 pp
- Contemporary prints and photographs
- Size 250 x 160mm, 6kg
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund