The Gulag Archipelago by Alexandr Solzhenitsyn
The Gulag Archipelago, 1918-1956, is Solzhenitsyn’s masterpiece – a feat of literary and imaginative power which brings together his own experiences during eleven years in Stalinist labour camps and the exile, with those of some two hundred other survivors. In its pages a secret history spells out – that of Russia’s vast network of camps, prisons and transit centres which stretched clandestinely from Moscow to Vladivostok, and from Kazakhstan to far into the Arctic Circle, where extreme cold combined with an unimaginably harsh regime of unattainable work demands and starvation rations. Most did not survive, but Solzhenitsyn returned as a messenger from the dead and an embodiment of the triumph of the human spirit.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1248
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2005
- Blue Cloth Hardback, 483 pp
- With 8 pages of b/w photographs
- Size 245 x 170mm, 1.4kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.