The Grand Tour 1592-1796
Many of the writers assembled here do not strictly fall within the strict definition of Grand Tourists being neither that rich nor that young. Several were already established literary figures (Tobias Smollett, Arthur Young) and many more were subsequently enlisted as such. The collection was assembled in the hope that a vigorous picture of this phenomenon emerges. The editor has made no effort to regularise spelling and extracts have been left as printed. The book is organised geographically, following the route most used by the Tourists, each country divided into cities visited and areas traversed. Editorial linking passages detail the extracts that make up the succeeding sections and short biographical notes about the writers may be found at the end of the book.
- Folio Society First Edition No. 754
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1993
- Painted White Cloth Hardback, 270 pp
- With contemporary prints and paintings
- Size 245 x 175mm, 1.3kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
There are no reviews yet.