The Golden Cockerel Press The Four Gospels
Facsimile of the 1951 issue by The Golden Cockerel Press, and bound in full black Nigerian goatskin, with engravings by Eric Gill, and with a commentary volume, with essays by John Dreyfuss and Robert Gibbings. Both presented in a buckram-bound solander box.
Enthusiast of fine printing have their favourites, but almost all would agree that The Four Gospels, designed by The Golden Cockerel Press and with engraving by Eric Gill, was the culminating achievement of the private press movement. The 500 copies from the original printing are to be found in pre-eminent institutions and private collectionsaround the world, including the Royal collection.
For this edition the Folio Society, working with Cambridge University Press and the expert bindery of Lachenmaier, has created a truly sumptuous binding, worthy of Gill’s exquisite engravings.
- Folio Society Limited Edition No. 2664 of 2750
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2007
- Full Nigerian Goatskin, Full Gilt Page Edges, Black Silk Ribbon Marker, Hardback, 280pp
- With engravings by Eric Gill
- Size 340 x 240mm, 4.5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.