The Folio Book of Historical Mysteries
From the decline and fall of the Roman empire to the assassination of John F. Kennedy, history is littered with tantalising enigmas that have defied easy explanation and generated a wealth of speculation. In this book of historical whodunits, Ian Pindar has drawn upon the wisdom of many of the leading experts to dispel myth and propaganda, weigh the evidence and reveal the most likely solutions to 20 of the past's most intractable mysteries. Some of these mysteries, such as the murder of the princes in the Tower, are familiar from our schooldays. Others were the causes cÃ©lÃ¨bres of their day: why was the Mary Celeste abandoned by her crew? Did Anastasia miraculously survive the callous murder of the Russian imperial family in 1918? Many conundrums are so old that they have become the subject of legend. The disappearance of 130 children from the German town of Hamelin in 1284 gave rise to tales of a charismatic piper who lured them from their homes â€“ but what is the truth concealed behind the well known story?
- Folio Society Fifth Printing
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 
- Black Cloth Hardback, 377 pp
- Illustrated in colour and b/w
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1.3kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.