The Elizabethan Underworld by Gamini Salgado
An account of the network of beggars & thieves who along with a multitude of vagabonds & rogues made up the Elizabethan underworld scene. The chapters are: London, flower of cities all; the suburbs of sin; the fun of the faor; white magic & black witches; astrologers & alchemists; low-life on the highways; Autolycus & his tribe; minions of the moon; Counter & Clink; Bridewell & Bedlam; glossary of underworld terms.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1341
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2006
- Black Cloth Hardback, 248 pp
- With colour plates. Endpapers feature map of Elizabethan London.
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1kg
Condition: Very Good – Light Foxing to Book Edges Otherwise Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
There are no reviews yet.