The Elizabethan Age by A. L. Rowse
The reign of Elizabeth I (1558 1603) has been described as England’s golden age. It was a time when the country was peaceful, yet dynamic: expanding its borders, voyaging to the Indies and the New World, and creating an extraordinary cultural legacy. Published between 1950 and 1972, A. L. Rowse’s history remains an unrivalled portrait of Elizabeth and her era. Rowse was a brilliant historian who laid an unprecedented emphasis on social history and the use of local archives. Above all, he had a talent for bringing the past to life. For him, Elizabethan England could still be seen everywhere, from country church to great house. The Folio Society presents his classic work in four beautifully illustrated volumes.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2012
- Hardback, 2104pp
- Each volume has both a coloured Frontispiece and 24 pages of colour plates
- Size 240 x 160mm, 5.5kg
Condition: Very Good – Repair To Slipcase, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copies
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.