The Deprat Affair by Roger Osbourne
A story of Ambition, Revenge and Deceit in French Indo-China. A straightforward case of scientific fraud; a conspiracy of envoy and revenge against a brilliant young scientist; or the destruction of one individual for a "crime" that was never committed ? The story centres on one compelling individual-Jacques Deprat. En route to a golden future as one of France’s greatest geologists, he is suddenly accused of fraud and plunged into a desperate fight to save his reputation. Convicted of placing European fossils among samples collected in Indo-China, he is dismissed from his job, and expelled from the Societe Geologique de France. Thrown out of the science to which he has given everything, he re-invents himself, changes his name, and begins not one, but two fascinating lives-each as extraordinary and colourful as the one he left behind. And even in the manner of his premature death, Deprat proved his ability to shake the world.
- First Impression
- Publisher Jonathan Cape, London; 1999
- Dark Blue Cloth Hardback, 244 pp
- Size 220 x 140mm, 700g
- ISBN 0 224 05295 0
Condition: Very Good – Very Good Unclipped DJ, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund