The Deemster by Hall Caine
A novel by Hall Caine published in 1887, considered to be the first ‘Manx novel’. Between May and November 1887 the novel was serialised weekly in the Dundee Evening Telegraph as The Doomster or Cut Off From The People and in the Sheffield Weekly Telegraph as The Deemster: A Romance of the Purple Island. The novel became an enormous success upon its release in November 1887. The novel also brought adoration and endorsement from the leading writers and public figures of the day. Bram Stoker, for instance, wrote an introduction to a later edition of the novel. In August 1902 King Edward VII made an unannounced visit to the Isle of Man to have Hall Caine show him the locations of the novel, such as Bishopscourt.
- Publisher Chatto & Windus, London; 1898
- Paperback, 154, +6 pp
- Tipped In Advertisement Card for Brooke’s Monkey Brand Soap
- Size 220 x 150mm, 400g
Condition: Good – Losses to Cover At Spine and Edges, Owners Name & Address Stamped on Front Cover and Note Page, No Further Inscriptions, Good Clean Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
There are no reviews yet.