The Decameron by Giovanni Boccaccio
A group of young people flee to the countryside from plague-ridden Florence and pass the time in their retreat by telling tales of romance. The Decameron, is a 14th-century medieval allegory by Giovanni Boccaccio, told as a frame story encompassing 100 tales by ten young people. The various tales of love in The Decameron range from the erotic to the tragic. Tales of wit, practical jokes, and life lessons contribute to the mosaic. In addition to its literary import, it documents life in 14th-century Italy.
- Publisher Chatto & Windus, London; 1924
- Purple Cloth Hardback With Gilt Title, 555pp
- Size 165 x 110mm, 400g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Previous Owners Name, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund