The Dead Sea Scrolls Geza Vermes Folio Society 2000
2 in stock
The Dead Sea Scrolls by Geza Vermes
In 1947, in a cave near Qumran, a Bedouin shepherd made a sensational discovery. In an earthenware jar he found three leather scrolls covered in ancient script, later revealed to be biblical texts nearly 1,000 years older than any previously known. Not only did they contain commentaries on the Bible itself, but, as more scrolls were discovered, a picture emerged of a strict Jewish community – its laws, customs and beliefs – which was destroyed by the Romans in 68 AD. The 'Dead Sea Scrolls' are justly famous.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1008
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2000
- Art Vellum Hardback, 335 pp
- Colour and monochrome plates
- Size 245 x 175mm, 1.3kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
|Categories||Folio Society, Religion, Spirituality, Theology|