The Caliban Shore by Stephen Taylor
The Tale of the Grosvenor Castaways. The Grosvenor was one of the finest East Indiamen of her day, a 3-masted square-rigger of 741 tons with an armament of 26 cannon. When she ran aground on the treacherous coast of south-east Africa in 1782, an astonishing number of her crew and passengers, including women & children, reached the shore safely. But the castaways were hundreds of miles from the nearest European outpost – and utterly ignorant of their surroundings, & the people among who they found themselves. Drawing on much new research, this book pieces together this extraordinary saga, revealing the misunderstandings that led to the tragedy, and telling the story of those who escaped & unravels the mystery of those who stayed.
- Publisher Faber and Faber, London; 2004
- Blue Cloth Hardback, 297 pp
- Illustrated with colour and b/w plates
- Size 240 x 160mm, 800g
- ISBN 0 571 21067 8
Condition: Very Good – Very Good Unclipped DJ, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund