The Black Dwarf and A Legend Of Montrose by Sir Walter Scott
Set in south-west Scotland in the immediate aftermath of the 1707 Union, The Black Dwarf was intended to be a story about the first, abortive, Jacobite uprising of 1708. Instead it developed into a gothic tale of the supernatural.
A Legend Of Montrose – Against the background of Montrose's campaign of 1644-5, this spirited novel centres on one of Scott's most memorable creations, Sir Dugald Dalgetty of Drumthwacket. This hard-headed Aberdonian contrasts tellingly with the weird and passionate Highland feud in which he becomes perilously entangled, as the narrative moves from Dalgetty's unflinching encounter with the Duke of Argyll, to his dramatic escape from Inveraray Castle, to the battle of Inverlochy.
- New Pocket Edition of The Waverley Novels Volume V
- Publisher Adam & Charles Black, London; 1901
- Green Full Leather Covers with Gilt Titles and Decoration, Full Gilt Page Edges, 382pp +2pp
- Single Frontis Illustration
- Size 165 x 110mm, 500g
Condition: Very Good – No Dust Jacket, Slight Rubbing To Edges, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org