The Benedictional of St Aethelwold
A splendid edition – which was sold out within one month of publication. This is a magnificent facsimile of an illuminated manuscript that was produced between 960 and 975AD, it is the most lavishly illustrated manuscript known form Anglo-Saxon England. It was probably executed in Winchester by a monk known as Godeman, and is a collection of blessings suitable for different occasions. Reproduced from the original manuscript in the British Library through digital photography by Elizabeth Hunter and printed at the Cambridge University Press.
The facsimile volume is bound in brown goatskin leather blocked with the title in gold, with four raised spine bands, and additional spine embossing. The paper is very thick Phoenix Motion Xenon that mimics the original lambskin vellum.
There is an accompanying 41 page, unillustrated, Commentary volume that is quarter bound in maroon buckram with handmade paper sides.
Both volumes are housed in a plain maroon Solander (Clamshell) box, that has a paper label on the spine.
- Limited Edition number 281 of only 1000 numbered copies
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1080
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2001
- Brown Goatskin Leather Hardback, 240 pp
- Superbly Printed in Full Colour
- Size 312 x 230mm, 3.5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.