The Apocrypha Introduced by David Daniell
‘The best known stories from the bible’, ‘Translated out of the Greek and Latin tongues, being the version set forth AD 1611’, and introduced by David Daniell. When St Jerome compiled the Vulgate version of the Old Testament, he marked certain passages, which were found in Greek, but not in Hebrew, as ‘apocrypha’, meaning ‘hidden’. These became a source of great controversy in Christianity as theologians squabbled over their place in the Bible.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1339
- Publisher Folio Society, London;
- Quarter Leather with Moire Silk Covered Boards, Hardback, 368 pp
- Illustrated with ‘old master’ paintings
- Size 300 x 220mm, 2kg
Condition: Near Fine – Slight Marks To Slipcase Illustration, ‘Fine’ book in a ‘Near Fine’ slipcase
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.