The Alhambra by Washington Irving
Like the Moorish castle it celebrates, this enchanting book draws the reader in with enticing tales of this spectacular monument. Published in 1851, it sketches the Moors and Spaniards on the plains of Castile and LaMancha and the environs of Granada. Irving brings life to the stately rooms, labyrinthine hallways, pools, and courtyards with the history, legends, strivings and celebrations of the people he met during his stay in 1829. Mostly though, Irving takes us through the passageways to the Moorish empire that laid upon Spain for centuries and yet found no permanent foothold. We meet the kings, the faithful Moslems, the devout Christians, the exotic courts, and the clever poor. Part Arabian Nights, part travel guide these sketches are thoroughly delightful.
- 100 Greatest Books Ever Written Collectors Edition
- Publisher Easton Press,Norwalk, Connecticut, USA; 1978
- Full Leather Hardback, Silk Moire Endpapers, Gilt Page Edges, Silk Ribbon, 304 pp
- Illustrated by Lima de Freitas
- Size 270 x 190mm, 1.6kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.