The Abbot by Sir Walter Scott
The Abbot concludes the fiction begun in The Monastery. Scott follows the fortunes of young Roland Graeme as he emerges from rural obscurity to become an attendant of Mary Queen of Scots during her captivity in Lochleven Castle. Roland's part in Mary's escape from the Castle is excitingly narrated, and Mary herself is vividly characterised in captivity, in her brief period of freedom, and in her final defeat.
- New Pocket Edition of The Waverley Novels Volume XI
- Publisher Adam & Charles Black, London; 1901
- Green Full Leather Covers with Gilt Titles and Decoration, Full Gilt Page Edges, 453pp +2pp
- Single Frontis Illustration
- Size 165 x 110mm, 500g
Condition: Very Good – No Dust Jacket, Slight Rubbing To Edges, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org