Swann’s Way by Marcel Proust
In this opening volume of Proust’s great novel “Remembrance of Things Past”, the narrator seems at first to be launching a fairly traditional life-story. But after the prelude the narrator travels backwards rather than forwards in time, in order to tell the story of a love affair that had taken place before his own birth. Swann’s jealous love for Odette, together with the comic antics of the Verdurins and the adoring members of their ‘little clan’, provide a prophetic model of the narrator’s own love-relationships and peregrinations in salon society. All Proust’s great themes – time and memory, love and loss, art and the artistic vocation – are here in kernel form.
This book comes with the original booklet ‘Notes from the Editors’.
- Franklin Library 100 Greatest Books of all Time Limited Edition
- Publisher Franklin Library, Pennsylvania; 1982
- Leather Hardback with Gilt Page Edges, Silk Endpapers, Silk Bookmark, 556pp
- With the illustrations of Grau-Sala
- Size 240 x 160mm, 1.5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.