Some Old Devon Churches. Their Rood Screens, Pulpits, Fonts, etc.
Every Devonian who has a bookshelf for fact and fiction, describing his blood county of orchards, lanes, and good red earth, will make a place thereon for this admirable volume of pictures. Devonshire churches are remarkable for the rood or chancel screens of noble carved wood work with which they are adorned, and the architectural student and antiquary will be grateful to the author for the splendid photographs of numerous examples that he gives. The book is nicely arranged, the plates with the exception of a frontispiece being collected at the end, leaving the forepart of the volume for concise descriptions of the churches illustrated in alphabetical order. This is one of three volumes on Devon churches by John Stabb
- Publisher Simpkin, Marshall, Hamilton, Kent & Co, London; Undated ca.1930
- Red Cloth Hardback With Gilt Title, 150 pp
- Beautifully illustrated with 125 B&W plates
- Size 210 x 145 mm, 17
- Weight 1.2 kg
Condition: Very Good – No Dust Jacket, Slight Rubbing To Edges, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund