Smith by Leon Garfield
A London street urchin, Smith has so far managed to evade the hazards of 18th-century urban life: smallpox, consumption, brain-fever, gaol-fever and even the hangman’s rope. He lives with his two sisters, who earn money from mending and selling clothes taken from the bodies of hanged men. One day, Smith witnesses a murder in a back alley. The killers search the body desperately until they are forced to flee. Unbeknown to them, Smith picked the man’s pocket just before he was killed, and he is in possession of the document they were seeking. Illiterate, he is unable to read it, but he knows that this piece of paper could be the key to his fortune, or could lead him into a danger greater than any he has yet encountered.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2012
- Three Quarter Black Cloth Hardback, 190 pp
- Illustrations by Peter Bailey
- Size 200 x 135mm, 750g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.