The Shorter Pepys selected and edited by Robert Latham
This thousand-page book contains one third of the text of Samuel Pepys’s diary, along with maps, a chronology, a glossary of archaic words, and an unusually helpful index. The diary, written in commercial short-hand, spans the 1660s, a decade in which power passed from the Roundheads to Charles II, London was ravaged by plague and then by fire, the English repeatedly fought the Dutch, and Pepys grew to be one of the most important civil servants in the land. A new and complete transcription, edited by Robert Latham and William Matthews.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 559.5
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1985
- Navy Blue Cloth Hardback, 1096 pp
- With Contemporary Portraits and Prints.
- Size 230 x 155mm, 1.8kg
Condition: Good – Small Bump To Corner of Slipcase, Small Stain To Front Endpaper, Otherwise Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.