Short Stories by Guy de Maupassant
Guy de Maupassant (1850–1893) was a popular 19th-century French writer, considered one of the fathers of the modern short story and one of the form’s finest exponents. A protégé of Flaubert, Maupassant’s stories are characterized by their economy of style and efficient, effortless dénouements. Many of the stories are set during the Franco-Prussian War of the 1870s and several describe the futility of war and the innocent civilians who, caught in the conflict, emerge changed. Includes; Boule de Suif; Paul’s Mistress; The Story of a Farm-girl; An Adventure in Paris and many more.
- Folio Society First Impression No.130
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1959
- Decorated Lilac Cloth Hardback, 320 pp
- Superb Drawings by Nigel Lambourne
- Size 230 x 150mm, 800g
Condition: Good – Fading To Spine, No Inscriptions, Good Condition
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.