Shakespeare The Biography by Peter Ackroyd
Peter Ackroyd's method is to position Shakespeare in the close context of his world. In this way, Ackroyd not only richly conjures up the texture of Shakespeare's life, but also imparts an amazing amount of vivid, interesting material about place, period and background. The book is packed with gems – and the reader turns the pages eagerly, keen to absorb the next nugget of information. In a magnificent feat of re-creating sixteenth-century London and Stratford, the bestselling biographer and novelist brings William Shakespeare to life in the manner of a contemporary rather than a biographer. Following his magisterial and ingenious re-creations of the lives of Chaucer, Dickens, T.S. Eliot, William Blake, and Sir Thomas More, Ackroyd delivers his crowning achievement with this definitive and imagination biographical masterpiece. Perhaps the greatest ever biography of Shakespeare, a masterpiece.
- Publisher Chatto & Windus, London; 2005
- Black Cloth Hardback with Gilt Titles, 546 pp
- Size 245 x 160mm, 1.1kg
- ISBN 1 85619 726 3
Condition: Very Good – Very Good Unclipped Dust Jacket in Protective Sleeve, No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund