A Sentimental Journey Through France and Italy by Laurence Sterne
Sterne’s account of his journey through Calais, Rouen, Paris and nearly to Lyons, taken for the sake of his health. “Sterne designed Sentimental Journey ‘To teach us to love the world and our fellow-creatures better than we do’ Even Horace Walpole, who had found Tristram Shandy ‘tiresome’, admitted that the new book was marked by ‘great good nature and strokes of delicacy”. One of the most influential works in 18th century English literature.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 14
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1949
- Printed White Cloth Hardback, 161 pp
- With colour lithographs by Nigel Lambourne
- Size 210 x 150mm, 650g
Condition: Near Fine – Slight Loss To DJ on Spine, Jacket In Protective Sleeve, No Inscriptions, Book Is A Fine Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.