Seeds of Change by Henry Hobhouse
Six Plants That Transformed Mankind. For every two tonnes of sugar produced, a slave died: all to sweeten an Englishman’s cup of tea. Sugar was once a luxury, but by 1800, whole islands had been planted with it. Humble plants have long been the spur to economic growth, the key to political power and the tools of conquest, yet until Henry Hobhouse wrote this pioneering book, they had rarely warranted even a footnote in history. In Seeds of Change, they lie at the heart of six riveting dramas. Introducing us along the way to traders, politicians, slaves, scientists and farmers whose destinies were driven by ‘the seeds of change’, Hobhouse’s fascinating history maps out the far-reaching impact of agricultural industrialisation.
- Folio Society Second Printing
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2014
- Quarter Brown Cloth Hardback, 372 pp
- With 24 pages of colour and black & white plates
- Size 250 x 175mm, 1.5kg
Condition: Brand New – Still In Original Unopened Cellophane Wrap
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.