4 Tales of the Sea by Jules Verne, Herman Melville, Jack London, Richard Henry Dana
Twenty Thousand Leagues Under The Sea by Jules Verne, Professor Aronnax, his faithful servant, Conseil, and the Canadian harpooner, Ned Land, begin an extremely hazardous voyage to rid the seas of a little-known and terrifying sea monster. However, the "monster" turns out to be a giant submarine, commanded by Captain Nemo.
Typee by Herman Melville, Set in the paradise of a South Sea island, "Typee" is a combination of fact and fiction. The tale is a distortion of the life of the Typees and foreshadows the metaphysical precoccupations in Melville's later work with its depiction of the evil and mystery lurking beneath the idyllic setting.
The Sea Wolf by Jack London, When fate lands Humphrey Van Weyden on board the "Ghost", a sealing schooner bound for Japan, little does he know of the weeks of brutality which lie ahead, under the fearsome leadership of Captain Wolf Larsen.
Two Years Before The Mast by Richard Henry Dana, Two years of ship life – Boston around the Horn to Santa Barbara and Home in 1834. Mr. Dana's witness of the flogging of his two fellow-sailors off San Pedro, California, was the motive for writing this very popular account of sailing life in the early 1800s also this account of California in 1835 and 1836 surpassed in popularity all other books relating to that state.
- Publisher Heron Books, London; 
- Green Cloth Hardback With Gilt Title And Decorations, 279, 268, 314, 300pp
- Each Volume Contains a Frontispiece
- Size 210 x 125mm, 2kg
Condition: Good – Slight Rubbing To Edges, No Inscriptions, Good Clean Copies
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund