Scenes of Medieval Life by Joseph & Frances Gies
If you have not heard about these three classic books before, then their great success lies in describing medieval life in their choosing a single site (whether a city, village or castle) to represent the characteristics of an entire way of life. And by a judicious combination in using excellent local records and comparative data, they pioneered a new method of capturing a whole world of medieval culture, whether in a city, village or castle. This fine collection consists of;
- Volume I: Life in a Medieval City depicts life circa 1250 in Troyes, capital of the rich county of Champagne, seat of a bishop and site of the two famous fairs of Champagne. (244 pages)
- Volume II: Life in a Medieval Village depicts medieval life in the village of Elton, north of Cambridge. The authors chose this English village as its surviving medieval records are so rich. (252 pages)
- Volume III: Life in a Medieval Castle depicts medieval life in Chepstow Castle to be on the borders of England and Wales; chosen again because its surviving medieval records are so complete. (232 pages)
- Folio Society Second Printing No. 1100
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2002
- Blocked Printed Parchment Hardback, 232, 244, 252 pp
- Illustrated by Reginald Piggott.
- Size 225 x 160mm, 2.5kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund