Scarman and After edited by John Benyon
Scarman and After: Essays Reflecting on Lord Scarman's Report, the Riots and Their Aftermath. Halfway through Mrs. Thatcher’s first term as Prime Minister violence erupted in the South London District of Brixton. Lord Scarman was asked to inquire into these disorders and even while his investigation was in progress further rioting broke out in London, Liverpool, Manchester and elsewhere. The aims of the book were to consider what happened in the disorders of 1981, to examine Lord Scarman’s findings and recommendations and to comment on the reforms which had been suggested.
- Publisher Pergammon Press, London; 1984
- Laminated Hardback, 292 pp
- Size 235 x 155mm, 800g
- ISBN 0080302173
Condition: Good – Clean Ex-Library Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
There are no reviews yet.