A Russian Gentleman by Serghei Aksakov
Aksakov began writing and publishing in the 1830s after meeting Gogol and recognizing what he claimed to be “a purely Russian genius.” It was Gogol who would encourage Aksakov to create his works based simply on everyday life. “A Russian Gentleman” first published in 1846 and meticulously describing the everyday life of the Russian nobility would bring him the fame of a literary artist of the highest order. Translated and with an introduction by J.D. Duff.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 409
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1976
- Woven Cloth Hardback, 239 pp
- Lithographs by Jane Johnson
- Size 230 x 140mm, 800g
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.