Richard III by Paul Murray Kendall
From the moment King Richard was pulled from his horse and slain on Bosworth field on 22nd August 1485, it was convenient for the new dynasty to portray him as a usurper and multiple murderer. A succession of chroniclers, from Thomas More to Hollinshead, embellished his legend and attributed to him a withered leg and crooked back. Paul Murray Kendall’s biography was the first modern book to question the legacy of Tudor propaganda, and to give an account of Richard’s life purely on the evidence of original source material. The picture that emerges is of a fearless soldier, devoutly loyal brother and proud servant of England, who, if not a paragon of virtue, did what he did out of self preservation and in accordance with the ‘times of which he was part’. With an introduction by Roy Strong, with maps, plans and a genealogical table by Reginald Piggott.
- The first in a series of ‘Biographies of British Monarchs’.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1220
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2005
- Green Cloth Hardback, 574 pp
- With contemporary paintings, illuminations and documents.
- Size 255 x 160mm, 1.6kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.