RHS The Rose by Brent Elliott
The History of the World’s Favourite Flower in 40 Captivating Roses with Classic Texts and Rare Beautiful Prints by Brent Elliott – Historian, Royal Horticultural Society. The history of the rose is revealed through 40 of the most popular and interesting species and hybrids in a beautifully illustrated book, each one accompanied by a high-quality print for framing.
Bringing to life the arrival of each rose in European gardens, the book explores the various myths that have grown up about the history and introduction of roses and the confusion over identification in the Renaissance. Learn about the layout of rose gardens, and the role that roses play in the “language of flowers”. Captivating botanical illustrations and extracts from classical texts in the world-famous Lindley Library, such as Redoute’s Les Roses, Henry Andrew’s Roses, Mary Lawrence’s Selection of Roses and Victor Paquet’s Choix des Plus Belles Roses, make this an illuminating celebration of our most popular flower.
- Publisher Andre Deutsch Ltd., London; 2016
- Clamshell Enclosed Paperback, 175 pp
- Superbly Illustrated in Colour
- Size 280 x 215mm, 2.5kg
- ISBN 0233004904
Condition: Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.