The Raj Quartet by Paul Scott
The definitive literary portrait of the final years of British India. India, August 1942. A young British woman, Daphne Manners, is raped in the Bibighar Gardens in Mayapore. The investigation is led by Ronald Merrick, an unscrupulous officer whose distaste for the Indian population is matched only by his disdain for the British governing class. With the Japanese threatening invasion and Gandhi demanding independence, British rule has never seemed more precarious, and the tensions that explode at Mayapore reflect the seething political turmoil of India itself.
This superb collection consists of; 1. The Jewel in the Crown. 2. The Day of the Scorpion. 3. The Towers of Silence. 4. A Division of the Spoils.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2009
- Cloth Hardback
- Illustrations by Finn Campbell-Nott.
- Size 240 x 160mm, 5kg
Condition: Fine Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.