Pathfinders of the American West
The Journals of Lewis & Clark
The Lewis and Clark Expedition, also known as the Corps of Discovery Expedition, was the first American expedition to cross what is now the western portion of the United States, departing in May 1804, from near St. Louis making their way westward through the continental divide to the Pacific coast. Detailed map on endpapers tracing the 2 year expedition of Lewis and Clark, profusely illustrated with colour and black & white plates. Meriwether Lewis and William Clark’s journals were first published in unabridged form as the ‘Original Journals of Lewis and Clark’ in 1904-5. This Folio edition is an abridged version of the original journals and was first published in 1989; here published with a new introduction by Frank Bergon.
- Epics of Empire and Exploration Series
- Folio Society First Impression No. 1028
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2000
- Green Cloth Hardback, 506 pp
- Contemporary paintings, drawings and prints plus maps
- Size 250 x 170mm, 2.0kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.