Our Village by Mary Russell Mitford
The little village of Three-Mile Cross in Berkshire was Mary Russell Mitford’s home for thirty years. She has drawn on her observations of the locality for many of her short essays, the best of which appear in this book, to give a unique picture of country life in the early years of the nineteenth century. Village events and festivals are described in vivid detail, as are the many colourful characters that peopled the small neighbourhood.
- Folio Society First Impression No. 884
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 1997
- Quarter Blue Buckram with Marbled Paper Sides Hardback, 423 pp
- Wood-engravings by Joan Hassall
- Size 200 x 140mm, 1kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund