Our Mutual Friend Parts I & II by Charles Dickens
Written in the years 1864-65 this is the last novel completed by Charles Dickens and is in many ways one of his most sophisticated works, combining deep psychological insight with rich social analysis. At one level it centres on, "money, money, money, and what money can make of life" but in a deeper sense it also about 'human values'. In the opening chapter, a young man is on his way to receive his inheritance, which, according to his father's will, he can claim only if he marries Bella Wilfer, a beautiful, mercenary girl whom he has never met. However, before he can arrive, a body is found in the Thames and identified as him. The money passes on, instead, to the working-class Boffins, and the effects spread throughout various corners of London society.
- The Waverley Edition of The Works Of Charles Dickens
- Publisher Waverley Book Company, London;1912
- Half Simulated Blue Morocco Hardback with Gilt Titles and Decoration and Gilt Page Tops, 312,312pp
- Illustrated by Charles Pears' Character Studies and a Coloured Reproduction From An Original Drawing by Fred Barnard
- Size 200 x 140mm, 900g
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Slight Rubbing To Edges, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund