On War Carl Von Clausewitz Folio Society 2011
1 in stock
On War by Carl Von Clausewitz
Required reading at West Point and Sandhurst, a major influence on Lenin and Mao Zedong and read cover to cover no fewer than three times by Eisenhower, Clausewitz’s magnum opus is one of the most important studies of warfare, military strategy and philosophy ever written. In 1943, Allied bombers dropped leaflets over Germany asserting that Hitler had not read and understood On War properly. Such was Clausewitz’s stature in Germany that Hitler felt forced to reply. As happened with the 4th-century treatise The Art of War, dicta from On War have been extracted and applied to activities outside professional soldiering, from game theory to business. In her foreword, historian Joanna Bourke, author of several books on war and violence, reveals that the issues Clausewitz explores remain of immense concern today: militarism, the ethics of slaughter, the distinction between abstract war and war in its bloody reality, the role of leaders, and political control over the military. Translated by Michael Howard and Peter Paret.
- Folio Society First Impression
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2011
- Black Buckram Hardback, 848 pp
- With colour plates
- Size 260 x 185mm, 2.4kg
Condition: Near Fine – Slight Bump To Corner of Slipcase, Otherwise Fine Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
|Categories||Folio Society, History|