Oliver Twist Charles Dickens
Dickens’s second novel was a far cry from The Pickwick Papers, his first. The story of an orphan who flees the workhouse only to fall in with a gang of thieves and prostitutes in London’s sleazy underworld, it was a trenchant criticism of England’s Poor Laws. The inequities between rich and poor were one of Dickens’s constant themes, and with Oliver Twist he established himself as a staunch champion of the downtrodden, particularly children. The novel also, however, has its cheerful moments, and contains some of Dickens’s most memorable characters, including Fagin, the Artful Dodger, the evil Bill Sykes, and the unfortunate Nancy.
- Publisher Heron Books, London; 1970
- Maroon Faux Leather Hardback, Gilt Page Tops, Yellow Ribbon Marker, 4509 pp
- Original Illustrations by George Cruikshank
- Size 205 x 125mm, 800g
Condition:Very Good – No Inscriptions, Very Good Copy
5 GOOD REASONS TO BID NOW !!!
- UK Postage Included In Price, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Top Quality Books – I always try to source the best to ensure you keep coming back to me.
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”
HCBOOKSONLINE – If You Love Books You Will Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.