Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
The story of an orphan who flees the workhouse only to fall in with a gang of thieves and prostitutes in London’s sleazy underworld, it was a trenchant criticism of England’s Poor Laws. The inequities between rich and poor were one of Dickens’s constant themes, and with Oliver Twist he established himself as a staunch champion of the downtrodden, particularly children. The novel also, however, has its cheerful moments, and contains some of Dickens’s most memorable characters, including Fagin, the Artful Dodger, the evil Bill Sykes, and the unfortunate Nancy.
Bound in quarter dark red morocco, dark red buckram boards, a black leather spine label, top edge gilt and a dark-red ribbon marker,
and with a dark-red slip-case.
- The Nonesuch Press Edition
- Folio Society Second Edition First Printing No. 1210
- Publisher Folio Society, London; 2004
- Burgundy Quarter Bound Leather with Cloth Sides Hardback, 419 pp
- Original Illustrations by George Cruikshank
- Size 250 x 165mm, 1.8kg
Condition: Fine – Superb Unmarked Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – “The books you want…from sellers you can trust”, www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund
HCBOOKSONLINE Love Books – Love My Website
If you require any further information please email me.
There are no reviews yet.