Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens
The Adventures Of Oliver Twist or The Parish Boy's Progress; Dickens's second novel was a far cry from The Pickwick Papers, his first. The story of an orphan who flees the workhouse only to fall in with a gang of thieves and prostitutes in London's sleazy underworld, it was a trenchant criticism of England's Poor Laws. The inequities between rich and poor were one of Dickens's constant themes, and with Oliver Twist he established himself as a staunch champion of the downtrodden, particularly children. The novel also, however, has its cheerful moments, and contains some of Dickens's most memorable characters, including Fagin, the Artful Dodger, the evil Bill Sykes, and the unfortunate Nancy.
- Part of Special Edition 22 Volume Works of Charles Dickens
- Publisher The Encyclopaedia Britannica Company Limited, London; Undated c.1920
- Quarter Red Morocco Hardback with Gilt Titles and Gilt Page Tops, 346pp
- Superbly Illustrated with 24 Illustrations by George Cruikshank
- Size 220 x 145mm, 1kg
Condition: Good – No Dust Jacket, Slight Staining To Covers, Slight Rubbing To Edges, No Inscriptions, Good Copy
5 Good Reasons To BUY NOW !!!
- FREE UK Delivery, Overseas Postage at Reduced Rate
- Superfast Delivery – I always try to post within 24 hrs of payment to ensure you get your book(s) as quickly as possible.
- Professional Packaging – I always use Top Quality packaging products to ensure you receive your item in the condition it was sent.
- Member of IOBA – "The books you want…from sellers you can trust", www.ioba.org
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed – If you are not 100% satisfied with your book then simply return it for a refund